- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
so here is my wish list (maybe a little stupid)
1. Movies (pretty much any kind. i would really like any of the simpson seasons dvds except for #1 because i already have that and any of the mash season dvds except for #1&3 because i have those too)
2. cds ( i don't know what kind but i am pretty much open to any kind)
3. a trip to England or Disney World
4. a car (i would like to get a blue bug)
5. an orlando bloom poster or orlando bloom himself! (yeah that is never going to happen!)
6. gift certificate to barnes&nobles
7. gift certificate to best buy
8. GameCube games
9. anything to do with harry potter
10. harsher punishments for parole violaters......and World peace
or just christmas cards!! i am sure i could come up with other things but oh well.