September 22, 2008
September 17, 2008
September 09, 2008
instead of my knees hurting, my left foot hurts. i used to get those charlie horses all the time and a lot of times during swim practice (which really hurts by the way!) i wonder if this is connected to that. like if i sit for a while and then get up, it hurts to walk on. then once i walk around for a while it would stop hurting and feel normal again. maybe i should take more vitamins.
tomorrow i am actually going to take my computer to school! i just hope it doesn't get broken/stolen. i need to take it because tomorrow is sign up day to schedule my first statistics test (which is taken on a computer at school so that is why we have to sign up to take it and no partial credit no fair!) and i have to sign up my group presentation day and i want to be able to have the best pick. anyway on mondays and wednesday i always get there so early and way before my class times so i always get bored and end up finishing a book while i wait. parking is so ridiculus at school. i get to school by 9:30 and the parking lots are all almost full! i always end up parking almost out by the highway! it is so bad and they are talking about shutting down another parking lot to build a parking garage. that is after they shut down a parking lot to build graduate lofts! (why i ask you! most graduate students i know either have families or don't want to live on campus anyway! what is the point? why not just upgrade one of the dorms? the dorms need to be redone anyway.) UH really needs to watch what they do with parking. they oversell the parking garage and really need more parking lots to handle all the commuters. they don't seem to get that like 75% of the students are commuters. everyone i talk to does not live on campus. i know some that live like 5 minutes from campus. but they still need to drive to school.
September 08, 2008
- i have been going to trinity for my WHOLE LIFE. i have been going to church services in now the old church. it is cute and a place that i can actually imagine having my wedding in.
- the new place reminds me of those tv churches. they are now actually using projectors to put up bible verses and songs on the wall. what is wrong with using the hymnals and bibles that are in the pew? if you just tell people what the bible verse is, they won't learn how to look it up themselves and they will just end up taking the pastor word for it that that is actually what that verse is. kinda reminds me of when in the 1500 when the bible was in a foriegn language that nobody but the preist could understand and most of the population couldn't read anyway and they had to take the preist's word for it and the preist could say whatever they want.
- the old church had no problems with it. for most of the year, we could fit everyone in. it is only when christmas and easter came around that we had seating problems. lets face it, there are only people that will come on the holidays and no matter how big or new the church is, they will only come a couple times a year.
- they have now totally changed the service schedule. there are now only 2 church times and there used to be 3. and they just had to take away the time that we liked to go to. they have made it all confusing.
- this last point is i guess a good thing. they did not tear down the old church. yay! they are converting it to a youth building. i have seen pictures. it is kinda wierd to look at. maybe after the 4th new church building they have learned their lesson. the first 2 churches that trinity had they tore down and rebuilt on top. my mom told me that the church was always divided on the subject of getting new churches. we came right after the old church was built and mom heard all the stories.
i guess it doesn't really matter what i think. i might not be going there much longer. i don't know what i will be doing after i graduate. i may be moving far far away. and i am not exactly someone that volunteers for 6million things at the church. there isn't that many things for me to be involved in anymore. when i was younger there was all the junior high and high school groups and the little kids all have things that they can do. then you have the older adult groups. there is suppose to be a college sunday school class but half the time i don't know where they meet. one time they said they would be at starbucks....nope! so i stopped trying and now that i am about to graduate... a college group is not what i need. there used to be a young adults group but i can't find a thing about them anymore. i want to get more active again.
September 06, 2008
September 02, 2008
i am selling a razr on ebay and the bidding has only gotten up to $5.50 and the auction ends tomorrow. also the person that is wining is from ukraine. i am not sure it will work over there and i have put up plenty of notices about it might not work in other countries and i guess they don't want to pay attention to that. i think i talked about the message i put up but i am not sure that anybody has read it on here. i am glad that i put a reserve of $75 on it. because it is definitly worth more than $5.50. especially since i spent $45 to fix the screen and it has all the chargers and manuals and everything. i just wish that the person who won it last time had actually paid the $75 he bid on it!
this week will be nice and short. only 3 days of school and then a 3 day weekend. :)
i put a wanted ad up on craigslist because i want to find a vw beetle. i hope i get some real email responses because when we were selling a car on there, we got a couple of scam e-mails. if people would actually spend the time that they use on scamming people and actually do real work, people would be a lot happier. facebook has tons of scammers now too. i put up a book on the marketplace thing last night and already this morning i had a scam message. they wanted to know all my information so that they could wire me money or something for the book. it makes me so mad! it is a waste of my time to have to go through all the junk that i get.